Wednesday, March 5, 2014

How not to open a pomegranate


I went to the farmers market last Sunday, and was excited to see pomegranates. Growing up in Mexico, I used to eat pomegranates with lime and chili powder all the time. I remember we would buy pomegranates in the market and they were already open, all the seeds in little plastic cups, ready to be eaten.
So, this being my first time opening a pomegranate, I have to say it was harder (and messier) than I expected. I had googled how to open a pomegranate (can't we do anything anymore without googleing instructions?) and seemed very easy and straight-forward. 
After 10 minutes of getting all the seeds out (and cleaning the mess I had made), I had a bowl all to myself, and it was delicious. 





2 comments:

Unknown said...

i never opened one - guess i need to google it too

PS - i have a GIVEAWAY going on - stop by and spread the love if you can :o)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yes, they are super delicious but can be very messy, indeed:) Happy 1st day of spring, sweetie.